Sunshades for Model 3 & YUpdated a year ago
- First, you need to decide if you want the blackout layer, as this sits, silver-side up, on top on the black mesh frame. If you do, unfold that now.
- Spring open the black mesh frame. It's like one of those pop-up tents, if you're not using the blackout layer, open it inside the car, but if you are, the best option is to open the trunk and set it up there.
- Fit the blackout layer (if needed), using the magnets to fix it to the frame. It will only fit correctly in one orientation, so switch it around if things don't look right. Remember, this sits on-top of the black mesh, silver-side facing the sky.
- The first time you're installing it, you'll need to fit the black plastic frame hooks as you go. To do this, move the sunshade into position (you'll be underneath it at this point), and clip one of the clips to the frame, and push it between the glass and headliner. If it doesn't go in easily, just slide it along a couple of inches until you find a spot that works. There's 8 clips in total, you might only need 5 or six, we have 1 at the front, and 2 on each side.
- And that's it. If you want to remove it, leave the clips in position and just remove the sunshade. Holding it with one hand at each end, give it a twist to collapse it for storage in the canvas bag.
Was this article helpful?